Born in Milan, Alessandra has a degree in Industrial Design and undying vocation for crochet. She spent a year at the University of Art and Design in Exeter, England. She lives and works between Milan and Rome, and takes her crochet along wherever she goes.
“I have knitted since I was a child. Crochet is a craft, an art, a language. The world around me is a playground to be filled with magical beings where a new lease of life is given to forgotten objects. I can give new meaning and life to everything surrounds me. Everything.”
Events & Exhibitions:
- Part of a collective c/o Nicoletta Rusconi Art Projects’ I.D.E.A – Cascina Maria – Agrate Conturbia (Novara)
- “Home sweet home” art installation c/o showroom MISSONI, curatelia: Angela Missoni, set design: Angelo Jelmini – Milan Design Week
- “Sunchair”, a tribute to Carlo Mollino c/o NOMAD SANT MORITZ Art Fair with Galleria Paola Colombari
- Exhibit c/o Design store ‘Contemporaneo’, Piazza del Plebiscito, Ancona, on Christmas time.
- Exhibit for “F design week, the pink side of design” (F, Cairo editore), Galleria Robertaebasta, Brera, Design week Milano
- OVS’ window displays in Corso Garibaldi and via Torino, Design week Milano
- “The queen of arts” Art window display for LaTenda Experience, fashion & art, via Brera, Milano.
- Spot Pampers creation of a full-size hot-air baloon basket for the Pampers commercial. Set design: Ben Moolhuysen
- “Sun’s house” chair, a tribute to Carlo Mollino – Galleria Paola Colombari for “Object mes amis”, curated by Martine Bedin and Franco Raggi, Monte-Carlo Art Fair
- “Sushi home: Alessandra Roveda e Nao Saito”, exhibit during the show JAPAN MY LOVE 150 years of friendship between Italy and Japan – Galleria Paola Colombari Maroncelli District
- Stefanel‘s windows display, Galleria Vittorio Emanuele
- Falconeri‘s windows display, via Montenapoleone, Milano , fashion week 2016, live performance during the Vogue Fashion Night Out
- XXI International exhibition of La Triennale di Milano – “Design after design” – Site specific exhibition ‘Soft house’ – Palazzo della Triennale, Milano
- Theatrical set design for “Black ships” show by Stefano Benni
- Cake crochet for Tortatelier Design week Milan.
- Interpretation of Sun’s house di Carlo Mollino. The others_Stay Gold, Art Fair Torino 2015
- Wise Catalogue Very wood, hosting ‘casa di cura Giuseppe Verdi’, curated by Elena Caponi.
- Lavazza commercial set design
- Family with hats exhibit for Hat Passion – ‘an hat event’. Curated by Cristina Nava, Vaprio D’Adda (MI)
- Monnalisa in Wonderland – Setting for Monnalisa shops in via della Spiga, Design week Milan, Fuori Salone 2015
- Cake crochet for Tortatelier Design week Milan.
- Bellimbusto con signora, exhibit during the show LaChapelle – Botticelli all’avanguardia – Galleria Paola Colombari-hosting Filmmaster group
- Site specific exhibition of the Aquarium for Operae, Palazzo Esposizioni, Turin
- Collaboration with studio Otto by Paola Navone for the chair Ghost Gervasoni – Design week Tokyo 2014
- Feeling home – exhibition in the Mole Vanvitelliana – Ancona
- Exhibition for Turna, at the Quadrilatero Romano in Turin, in collaboration with ArteSera design. Galleria Paola Colombari
- Dot dot dot – exhibit for the group show “Design for freedom” Galleria Paola Colombari – hosting Filmmaster group – Design week Milano, Fuori Salone 2014
- Esotism: butterflies, cactus, snakes – Setting for Gervasoni curated by Elena Caponi for Paola Navone. Design week Milan 2014 – Via Durini
- Cake crochet for Ceramiche Sant’agostino. Ceramics by Phillipe Stark. Salone del Mobile 2014, Rho Fair.
- “Qui est qui?“- Crocheted Celebrities for the press day LUXOTTICA – Parigi
- Octopus and jellifish exhibition for Wabi-Sabi italian slow design – Galleria Paola Colombari-hosting Filmmaster group –Design week at Milan forniture fair 2013
- Show in Agatha Ruiz de La Prada store, during the Design week, Salone del mobile, Milan, April 2013
- SHOW DESIGN 12 italian design stories – Exhibition in the Progetto Calabiana hosted by A.I. Artisanal Intelligence with RCS-Case Da Abitare, Design week, Salone del mobile, Milan, April 2013
- A world’s corner exhibition for Wabi-Sabi italian slow design -Eglise Concept Store, Torino – by Silvia Ariemma e Federica Martinetto, text by Paola Colombari
- Acquarium Solo exhibition in the palladianum Bonin Longare building -Vicenza- during the ‘Abilmente’ fair.
- Knit to knit for Nastro Azzurro during the event “Say yes to it” Teatro Franco Parenti, Milano
- Stranamaglia show inspired by the creatures of “Stranalandia” by Stefano Benni, set up in Trastevere – Roma – during the world jersey week – by “The SempliCity”
- Flamingo with egg – Poltrona Frau set by Elena Caponi for Paola Navone. Fuori Salone 2012- Fondazione Arnaldo Pomodoro, Milano
- Solo exhibition Maravilla for Agatha Ruiz De La Prada in Milano
- Special project for A.I. (Artisanal Intelligence) FAIR, the vanity fair craft – Congress Palace, Rome Eur
- Magical beings, Herman Miller in Milano, Salone del Mobile week
- Catalogue Flou ‘Designed by Flou, made by you’ – 2010/2011 collection
- Intervallo, San Casciano dei Bagni, Siena – Misticanza event
- Chiado After Work -Betahouse Lisbon
- LX Factory, Open Day IV, – Cowork Lisbon
- The domestic space, Rimini, Manifesta event
- Omino con Puntino, B&B via Durini-Milano, “Design in the city”week
- The acrobat, Rimini, Manifesta event
- Punto Basso, NotFair Gallery-Milano, Salone del Mobile week
- Siddaun, palazzo Bragarosa-Vicenza, About Design Vicenza event
- Dove l’ometto, Fiera di Milano, Biennale d’arti applicate
- Octopus, Fiera del Mobile- Verona, Abitare il tempo
- Polipo in bianco all’uncinetto, ArtandGallery-Milano